Recipe – Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Spaghetti Squash
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 broccoli
- 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 3/4 cup of sliced green beans
- 2-3 tbsp of chopped olives
- 1/2 block (250 g) of tofu or tempeh chopped in cubes (you can also use chicken or cooked shrimp)
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of dried herbs (basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, etc.)
- 1 tbsp of sun-dried tomato pesto
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Make small incisions in the squash and microwave for 2 minutes to soften.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and microwave again for approximately 5-7 minutes or until it shreds with a fork.
- Sauté garlic and onion un a tsp of oil for 2 minutes on medium heat. Add the vegetables and spices and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Lightly grill the tofu, tempeh or meat in another pan. Add salt and pepper and mix.
- Shred the squash with a fork and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the pesto, tofu, and vegetables to the pulled squash and mix.
- Fill both spaghetti squash halves with all ingredients.
If desired, sprinkle grated cheese on top, place in oven and broil for about 5 minutes or until golden.
Serve and enjoy!
Originally published by our nutritionists at TeamNutrition.